Index: click these links for contents:
.
.
Mychal's Prayer:
Lord, take me where You want me to go
let me meet who You want me to meet,
tell me what You want me to say,
and keep me out of Your way.
.
"Directly in line with God"
Even before his heroic death on 9/11, many saw Mychal Judge as a living saint for his extraordinary compassion and deep spirituality.

"Mychal had no use for physical things. Give him a cashmere sweater, and it would end up on the back of a homeless person. But go to him with a troubled soul, and he would listen intently for as long as it took." (Steven McDonald)

While praying, Mychal sometimes "became so lost in God, as if lost in a trance, that he'd be shocked to find several hours had passed." (Michael Daly)

"He achieved an extraordinary degree of union with the divine. We knew we were dealing with someone directly in line with God." (Fr. John McNeill)

“I, Mychal Judge, am not capable of doing these things on my own. I walk in, hold a hand, wipe a tear, say a prayer. But that’s not me, that’s the grace of God. I don’t worry about the details… it’s a mystery, it’s God.”
.
+
.
Excerpts from the
Last Homily of
FDNY Chaplain, Father Mychal Judge,
at Mass for Firefighters: Sept. 10, 2001
.
You do what God has called you to do. You get on that rig, you go out and do the job. No matter how big the call, no matter how small, you have no idea of what God is calling you to, but God needs you. He needs me. He needs all of us. God needs us to keep supporting each other, to be kind to each other, to love each other…
.
We love this job, we all do. What a blessing it is! It’s a difficult, difficult job, but God calls you to do it, and indeed, He gives you a love for it so that a difficult job will be well done.
.
Isn’t God wonderful?! Isn’t He good to you, to each one of you, and to me? Turn to God each day -- put your faith, your trust, your hope and your life in His hands. He’ll take care of you, and you’ll have a good life. And this firehouse will be a great blessing to this neighborhood and to this city. Amen.
.
See full text of Mychal's Last Homily here
Buy DVD of Mychal's Last Homily here
(all proceeds help the poor and homeless)